Chia seeds are called superfoods. It is the seed of mint plant called salvia hispanica. Looks a lot like Tokma Dana. Chia seeds are white and black in color and are small like sesame seeds. These seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. These seeds also contain essential minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus, zinc and magnesium. Know the benefits of eating chia seeds.
- People suffering from bone problems should consume chia seeds regularly. Because it contains calcium, phosphorus and manganese which keep bones strong.
- Chia seeds absorb a lot of water and fill the stomach. As a result, fewer calories are consumed.
- Chia seeds contain antioxidants that can reduce age-related wrinkles. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in curing acne. The omega-3 in chia seeds keeps the skin hydrated all the time.
- Chia seeds help maintain insulin levels in the body. Stabilizes blood sugar levels, especially after meals.
- These seeds contain a lot of fiber. Fiber aids in digestion. Besides, the soluble fiber in it relieves constipation.
- Chia seeds also help reduce the risk of heart disease and harmful cholesterol.
- This seed helps prevent cancer.
How to eat chia seeds?
These seeds should be soaked in water and eaten. Soak chia seeds 30 minutes before eating. Mix 2 teaspoons of chia seeds and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice in a glass of water. You can mix honey if you want. Stir with a spoon or shake the bottle before consuming.